Thursday, January 12, 2017
Missing Money.com- a simple search could turn over some money!
MissingMoney.com is a national database that was established in 1999 by the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) that allows you to search for lost assets required by law to be turned over to the states and provinces.
The most common types of unclaimed property include:
* Bank accounts and safe deposit box contents
* Stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and dividends
* Uncashed checks and wages
* Insurance policies, CD’s, trust funds
* Utility deposits, escrow accounts
If you find a name that matches yours and is from an employee or company you may have had business with, you can GO HERE to find the state department phone number to call and they can verify if it belongs to you by Social Security Number. Or, you can print the forms and mail them in with the required documentation, but I think the phone call is easier!